The course is aimed at general dental practitioners interested in enhancing their surgical skills and improving their confidence to allow them to tackle cases, that would have been referred elsewhere to be treated.
The main focus is on the hands-on component using custom-made models incorporated into a state of the art facility using phantom heads to mimic real-life patients.
Aims and Objectives
1. Augment and enhance understanding of basic oral surgery skills and complications encountered during surgery and how to deal with them.
2. Discuss anatomy and morphology of teeth and adjacent anatomical structures and how to approach each extraction.
3. Discuss consent issues in Oral Surgery.
4. Understand basic principles of flaps, their designs and when to use them.
5. Understand different suturing techniques and when to use them.
6. Assess different local anaesthetic techniques available.
7. Assess different xray modalities available and how to interpret them.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to
1. Identify complexity of cases and how to deal with them.
2. Carry out extractions of various teeth on the models surgically and non surgically.
3. Deal with the most common complications encountered during routine oral surgery and understand when to refer if required.
4. Assess complex patient medical history and understand modifications needed for their treatment plan.
5. Identify patients at risk of MRONJ and how to treat them.
6. Assess different local anaesthetics available for use and how to calculate the maximum dose.
7. Raise different flaps on the models within the phantom head to imitate real patient scenarios.
8. Choose the appropriate suturing technique and practice it on the models.
9. Interpret different xrays and how that will affect the treatment plan.
The course will attract 16 hours verifiable CPD that fulfils all four learning outcomes of the new GDC CPD guidelines.
£950 which includes Materials and Instruments, Refreshments, Lunch as well as access to my entire Oral Surgery Webinar series (Additional 10 hours of verifiable CPD)
Clayton Crown Hotel (Across the road from the practice)
142-152 Cricklewood Broadway
London, NW2 3ED
£75/night Room only
(Please mention Cricklewood dental practice)
Cricklewood Dental Practice
165 Cricklewood Broadway, London, NW2 3HY
2 Miles from the London end of the M1
6 min walk from Cricklewood railway station.